WTB: M42 lenses (Pentax Super-Multi-Coated/SMC)

Steph

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am interested in buying Pentax M42 prime lenses in optically perfect condition and in perfect working order (I don't mind so much about the cosmetics). I am after Super-Multi-Coated or SMC versions at reasonable prices.;) The 2 lenses at the top of my list are:

24mm f3.5 Super-Multi-Coated
200mm f4 Super-Multi-Coated

I dont' think those 2 lenses were ever made in the SMC version but I might be wrong and would be interested as well if you have one of those.
Other Pentax M42 prime lenses might be of interest to me (let me know what you have).

Finally, I am in the UK, so it is probably better if the lenses are located somewhere in Europe. I can pay with Paypal.

Thank you.

Thanks for the offer on the Zeiss lens but I really want some Pentax lenses.

Super-Multi-Coated and SMC lenses are not the same thing. They are optically identical but the SMC were newer versions of the Super-Multi-Coated with rubber coverd focussing ring as opposed to metal. I am not sure if Pentax ever built the 24mm and 200m with rubber covered focussing ring (SMC).

I have a Vivatar 200mm prime m42 , 3.5f in excellect condition. with the switch for manual overide of f stop.

I have a Vivatar 200mm prime m42 , 3.5f in excellect condition. with the switch for manual overide of f stop.

Thank you for the offer but I finally found a Pentax Super-Multi-Coated 200mm f/4.0. I also have a Vivitar 200mm f/3.5. The Pentax is marginally slower but better in terms of contrast.

Most reactions

Back