sm4him

In memoriam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
sm4him.500px.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
In a truly bone-headed moment, I set my monopod down on a ledge while shooting last week. I then completely forgot about it. Unfortunately, by the time I *did* remember it, I was several hours--and over 100 miles--removed. By the time I could go back the next day and look for it, there was no monopod to be found, and I've checked with the rangers' station to see if it was turned in, with no luck.

UGH. I don't use it a lot, but I do use it just enough to really, really wish I hadn't done that. Between the cost of the monopod and the head, that's over $200 I'm out!
I guess I'm gonna have to spend the money to replace it, and hope that doesn't mean having to put off buying that new Tamron 150-600.

Soooo….I thought I'd check TPF first, see if maybe someone has one they never use that they've been thinking about selling.

I would CONSIDER other monopods as well, but I loved that 685B. The ease with which it works, the load capacity and the maximum height of 66.9 inches were particularly appealing. I do NOT want one that only extends to 60"; I am tall for a female (6 ft.), and I already have enough back trouble; I don't want to have to be constantly bent over because my monopod doesn't extend far enough up.

If you have a 685B or something equivalent that you'd be willing to part with, let me know price and whether or not it includes a head (and which head, if it does include it).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back