What's new

WTB: Nikon 16-85mm VR

somyamohanty

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 15, 2011
Messages
24
Reaction score
0
Location
starkville,ms
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Looking for a mint condition 16-85vr with box and all accessories. Let me know what you have.
 
Umm, did you check the other site you put a WTB ad on?
WTB: Nikon 16-85mm VR - FM Forums

There are a couple in excellent shape for good prices:
FS: Nikon AF-S 16-85mm 3.5-5.6 VR - FM Forums
FS: Nikon 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR - FM Forums

People aren't going to just give them away if thats what you're hoping.

I am not hoping that they give it away. I am ready to pay 450-500 range depending on the condition and if all the accessories, box are included. At fm the last lens that sold were around the 460 mark with everything included, but the posts that you quoted are not budging on their price a little bit and even then they do not have the complete set. I guess everyone is riding on the high prices because of the shortage. If i was to pay that price then i might as well get it from fleabay or look for different choice of lens.
With that being said, sell me your 16-50 i see in your signature :D. But on a serious note how do you like it?
 
I am not hoping that they give it away. I am ready to pay 450-500 range depending on the condition and if all the accessories, box are included. At fm the last lens that sold were around the 460 mark with everything included, but the posts that you quoted are not budging on their price a little bit and even then they do not have the complete set. I guess everyone is riding on the high prices because of the shortage. If i was to pay that price then i might as well get it from fleabay or look for different choice of lens.
With that being said, sell me your 16-50 i see in your signature :D. But on a serious note how do you like it?

Yea sorry, didn't realize those didn't have the boxes and accessories. I've bought many things on FM and have been very pleased with my experiences there so I'm always checking out what people are selling :D I still think the one for $510 is reasonable though considering it's condition and Nikon's hold their value well anyway.

As for the Tokina, I'm pretty happy with it. I've always been impressed with the build of the Tokina's and they seem to give a solid performance/dollar. I will say that the 16-50 is probably the weakest of the 4 Tokina's I have though. The 50-135 is "legendary" as some put it, the 11-16 is pretty well known for being one of the best UWA and the 100 is a Macro lens and those are generally made to high standard. It's not that the 16-50 is bad because it's far from that, it's just that the others are so good. That said, it has constant f/2.8 aperture, it is quite sharp, renders colors well with good contrast, and handles other distortions well. CA is it's weakest point and is something I've only noticed with it on very few occasions. I've also had to dial in the micro-adjustment for the AF (was front focusing I believe) on the D7000 body but no big deal.

Here's a sample taken with it that I've posted on here before (26mm, f/4):
p1004589175-5.jpg
 
Last edited:
Thanks for such a good review. It is still one of the lens i am considering along with the sigma 17-50 2.8. I was almost about to get the tokina 12-24 f4 along with a kit lens for the D7000 i recently got, but the seller backed out. Got to love the tokina construction and sharpness. Just noticed all your lens are 2.8, even the uwa 11-16(which i have heard to be ultra sharp). Wish had the $$ for it.

Actually i am looking for a complete package on the 16-85, as i am not sure if i would be really be happy it. Without the accessories and box its kind of a hard resell. Also, the F4 version is coming out soon this year, might opt for that. That would again bring the prices down of the current one. Currently torn between, getting a 2.8 (sigma) or a bit wide (16-85) or go with a tamron 17-50 along with a uwa. Scouring FM for some package deal that comes through :).
 
if all the accessories, box are included. At fm the last lens that sold were around the 460 mark with everything included, but the posts that you quoted are not budging on their price a little bit and even then they do not have the complete set.

I am curious, are all that those sellers missing are the box and warranty card? Looks like they have the lens caps. What else do you mean by 'accessories' ? (not sure if I am missing something here). I am interested in the same lens and thus might inquire with them (forgot to check FM for sellers). Thanks and sorry for pirating the thread here a bit.

EDIT: hmm perhaps you were referring to a lens hood?
 
Last edited:
if all the accessories, box are included. At fm the last lens that sold were around the 460 mark with everything included, but the posts that you quoted are not budging on their price a little bit and even then they do not have the complete set.

I am curious, are all that those sellers missing are the box and warranty card? Looks like they have the lens caps. What else do you mean by 'accessories' ? (not sure if I am missing something here). I am interested in the same lens and thus might inquire with them (forgot to check FM for sellers). Thanks and sorry for pirating the thread here a bit.

EDIT: hmm perhaps you were referring to a lens hood?

Ya, I was looking for the box, papers. Looks like you scored one from fm.
FS: Nikon 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR - FM Forums
Good choice, hope you have fun with it :).
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom