WTB: Nikon 18-55 DSLR Lens

MikeH5

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hey everyone. My previous 18-55 lens for my D40 was stolen. Im looking for a used lens for sale, preferably around $100 since new ones are selling for $120. Please let me know if anyone can assist.

Thanks,
-Mike

Look into 28-105mm f3.5-4.5 Nikon lens.
The model is about 10yrs old, I acquired one from a wife of a photographer friend of mine who passed away. It is a great lens, despite what Ken Rockwell says, works great in both 35mm and digital. You might find one on ebay for the price you're looking to get, while retailers like B&H, Adorama might be a bit more.
Good Luck

hey everyone. My previous 18-55 lens for my D40 was stolen.

Mike, first off, so sorry to read of your 'loss'.

Second, I don't know how useful this is; about 18 months ago, Adorama reported on a site called 'I Want My Camera Back', a European-based stolen and lost photo equipment database. Owners of lost gear worldwide can list their lost equipment brand, model, serial number and equipment type, plus any other relevant details and it will be added into the database. The database can be searched by serial number.

This is the 'I Want My Camera Back' press release:

"Iwantmycameraback.com is a photographic equipment serial number collective base for items which have been declared stolen or lost. The website through a specifically formulated process allows photographers to declare all details about their lost equipment, such as the brand, the model, the serial number and also information which concerns the place, the time of loss and finally an email address for further contact.

Photographic supply shops, service centers, prospective buyers and whoever else wishes to, can, by using the search engine provided by this website, search through equipment serial numbers to find out if it has been declared lost or stolen.

Also it it possible to contact the owner who declared the loss, in order for him to be given the necessary information as in how to retrieve the equipment. The website I want my camera back! - Home aspires to become a universal database for lost and stolen equipment and to increase the percentage of retrievals.

In other words, it will no longer be necessary to inform every service center, photographic supply shop or photographer independently in case of loss. They will be informed through the upload of the information on the website.

In addition, due to the universal nature of this service it will be possible to immediately and directly inform all service centers, photographic supply shops and photographers in all countries.

The function of the website depends on the universal community of photographers and is of a non-profitable nature.

We invite all concerned individuals, amateur or professional, all forms of the printed media, unions and organizations and every person connected in any way with photography to support our effort and to actively participate in the search process".

BTW, There is another site called 'I found your camera', that posts photos from found cameras and media cards in the hopes that the owners would reclaim them.

As I said, I don't know how successful it is so far, but I guess the more people get involved the better it'll be for us all.

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

[email protected]
www.adorama.com

hi i have a lens just like you are looking for that i would be willing to sell to you for $90. it is in basically perfect condition. there is probably only around 1000 shutter clicks on it. no cosmetic damage. works perfectly. just pm me if you are interested

Most reactions

New Topics

Back