WTB: Nikon 85mm

jamesbjenkins

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.ballengerphotos.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm in the market for a Nikon 85mm both f/1.4D and f/1.8D (still trying to decide if f/1.4 is worth the extra).

The new f/1.8G has great optics, but I'm not thrilled about its consumer quality plastic body.

Feel free to contact me via my business email at james (at) ballengerphotos dot com for fastest reply.

I'm a serious buyer, and for the right offer will likely purchase via PP immediately.

Thanks for your time and attention.

I have a mint 85 1.8D w/ hood that I'd be interested in getting off my hands (upgrading to the G version). I have the original packaging except for the packaging is currently enroute from the west coast - moving and all that. I do have the lens with me in my bag. If you can wait a week I'll send everything together. Shoot me a PM with an offer. I'm working late but can send images of the lens tomorrow.

Some sample images with the lens:

Amazon has them used $400 1.8D $1000 1.4D

Adorama has them used $459 1.8D $1059 1.4D

B&H has them used $459 1.8D $1059 1.4D

You might want to check FM Forums also

Thanks, Gipson. I've been looking at those prices as well. I'm on the fence about the D/G choice. The only thing I'm not happy about is the plastic body, but I'm not sure that matters.

Most of the sellers I've seen are trying to dump their D model to move to the G. Methinks it's worth the extra $50-100 to get the new version...

Unless, somebody wanted to make a quick sale at $350 or $370...

We'll see.

Most reactions

Back