WTF?

kidchill

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.tripcphotos.smugmug.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Okay, so I bought a D300 a few weeks ago and haven't been able to play due to school. I started playing this morning and I'm soooo lost!! I bought a 2gig card and the number of pics that can fit on it seem way off:

D300 with 2gig card
Tiff: 52
LFINE: 184
RAW+FINE: 53
RAW: 75 (This is 14bit raw and I don't think it's compressed at all...apparently I can set it for no compression, lossless, or compressed)

D80 with 1gig card
LFINE: 262
RAW+FINE: 108
RAW: 161

Okay, now I know I'm getting 2extra MP and all, but only 52tiffs can fit on a 2gig card??? And the number of RAWs is less with twice the space on the card?? If this is the case then these pics better be ready to print straight out of the camera!! Any ideas, 'cause this seems way off to me!! Also, I know that the numbers tend to underestimate if you're shooting photos with less stuff in them, but I fired off 13tiffs and there was 42 space left. Which means I'm getting 3 extra pics per 13. So that's still only about 65 tiffs. That just doesn't add up to me....Where's BigMike when you need him???

try formatting the memory card and see if that improves anything

well a 12 million pixel TIFF file would be about 35mb or so.

So 2048mb divided by 35 = 58 files so I'd say there is nothing wrong with the totals your camera is saying.

but why would you want to shoot in TIFF anyway. Raw would give you more control in Photoshop

Most reactions

Back