www.cafepress.com hosting

photogincollege

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello again all, i was wondering if anyone has a store on cafepress.com. The reason i ask is that i know a girl who has been doing it for a few months, what it does is you host your images on the site, select what types of items you want then on (tshirts, mugs, bags etc.) they put them on the items for you and send them to the customer, charge you a flat fee for different items and you mark up the price as much as you want. Having an account on there they say is considered an actual business, so if you register as an individual they make you give them your ssn for the irs tax stuff they say. Is this common practice for businesses cause im really uncomfortable giving out my ssn, they say its secure and everything but im just not sure.

It's easy enough to get an EIN (tax Number) and they're free. This way you don't have to give anyone your social. Be sure to get a business license if you are going to claim anything on your taxes. btw, do keep up with at it and put it on your taxes- you'll come out ahead. (and not get crosswise with the taxman)

You need a Tax Privilege License. Google it for your state. Or check this link:

CLICK

Most reactions

Back