x-process

Oh, and BTW, I really do like these images nealjpage!

Despite everything else, I can recognize good work when I see it.

Also, my comments aren't directed at everyone. I can see that some people just like different techniques.
I'm only angered by those who see it all from 1 simple minded perspective and refuse to hear otherwise.
And you know who you are.

Thanks, Glaston. I don't know if it's good work or just dumb luck that any of mine turn out. :lol: I am known for my terrible luck and I am in frequent violation of Murphy's Law, but anything's possible :D

Um...i´ll get back to you on that one:)

It's called cross processing. You take a roll of slide film (in this case, 10 year expired Agfachrome RSX 50) and expose it like any other film, though over-expose it by one or two stops to enhance saturation. So if my light meter tells me to set my f-stop to f16, I set it at f11. Expose it, take it to the lab, and nonchalantly give it to the clerk to be processed in print-film chemicals. They'll claim they can't do it and that it'll break their machine and that the earth will spin off it's axis. Stand strong. Bargain if you must. It's worth it. What you get back are negatives instead of positives (slides). It takes a good lab because the colors are sort of off and it takes a bit of work to get the hues right, but the enlargements are really cool.

Give it a shot. It's really fun.

Sounds interesting...so when they give you back the slide film in negative form have they still put them in cardboard frames or do you ask them to not cut them?

Also after you get them back do you develop them your self, send back through a developer to make prints from them, or scan them in later via a slide scanner?

I liked the first one of your series best. Never seen that at any DQ's around here. Definitely a great photo op. the processing method and colors almost make it look like it was taking back in time. Good touch not to have any present day cars in the frame helps keep the image timeless. Amazing.

Think my canon program AE-1 may be in for some slide film in the near future ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back