X-Rite Support - Happy success story.

Garbz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.auer.garbz.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok I have to share this. I have RMAed a lot of items to various companies. I have been treated like an idiot, I've been lied too, and I've been one case accused of being downright criminal claiming warranty for something they insisted wasn't covered which clearly was. But never have I been treated as well as I was at X-Rite.

Over the last few months my eye-One Display 2 calibrator was drifting in its readings (A test just now shows it was more than 1500K +2dE out). So I decided to give X-Rite a support call asking if there was some way to calibrate my calibrator. They were quite helpful just asking me to send them some diagnostic information. After a bit of information sharing they were convinced my unit was dead and asked me to RMA it.

Ok so I bought it at B&H and the warranty was 1 year. The receipt says it's close to 2 years old. So another email to X-rite and they asked for the serial number. Lo and behold the unit was covered by the "European" 2 year warranty. I filled out the form and prepared for the RMA headache.

Except that was all I had to do. The next email I got was an invoice and shipping docket. I emailed them back and asked them if they wanted the old unit back so they could check it for tampering or other warranty voiding damage. Their reply was, no. bin it.

I have never been through a faster more pleasant RMA process before. Kudos to X-rite. I now have a new unit and my screen actually measures as 5500k 0.02dE instead of 4000K 2dE I got before, which turned my white point a deep purple if I tried to actually calibrate it.

Gotta love that. I always remember companies for that and make a point to reward them for the behavior with LOTS of loyal business and telling all my friends about them.

I don't currently have any product companies on "my list", but a number of vendors... B&H, Adorama, Newegg...

My biggest worry was that I'd have to stop recommending them when the iOne Display2 broke. Clearly not though :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back