What's new

Xmas money: Strobes for portraits and basketball

BLD_007

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 27, 2009
Messages
330
Reaction score
0
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm making a list of lighting equipment that people "family" can buy me for Xmas.

I want some strobe and studio lighting equipment. I also want something I can use for basketball game "mount in ceiling" I need something that has enough output that could light an entire basketball court.

I know what I need to mount and secure to the ceiling just not what kind.

I was thinking something like this http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...light_Kit.html

What is the needed output of a strobe to fill a basketball court? I'm planning on having 4 in the ceiling. I don't want the power on full so I can have a faster recharge time.

Any help is much appreciate
 
The thing isn't necessarily recycle speed or output. You won't be able to go 10fps, and if you do, you'll make a scene of yourself. You'll have to bump up your ISO still and time things. The problem you'll have is flash duration. You need short flash durations. I had a friend shoot break dancers in his studio and had to reshoot because Speedotrons have too long of durations.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom