XT or XTi

I was debating the same thing. Only you can decide what you want to do with your money. How much are the differences worth to you? I bought an XT and haven't regretted getting it over the XTi yet.

The money I saved (for body only on the XT vs. the kit XTi) paid easily for my Tamron 17-50, which was a great purchase IMO. So if you're really looking into the XTi kit, I think you should also consider the XT + Tamron 17-50. Good general purpose lens. (I found it cheap at ~$300 USD at my local camera store.. totaling the XT + lens at a little under / over $800 depending on what you can find the body / lens for) You can get CF cards pretty cheap. In the end, it's all up to you.

Bottom line, if you are agonizing over the decision now, and you get the XT you will always wish you chose the XTi so get the XTi from the start and save yourself some hassle.

And then you will always wish you chose the 30D... then the 5D, the 1DS Mk III, and then you'll wish you'd saved yourself all that trouble and bought a Linhof with a digital back. :wink:

Most reactions

Back