Y U NO RECOGNIZE MY 1DS!!!!!

y75stingray

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I recently bought a Canon 1DS as a backup. I have been trying to link it to my computer and it has been nothing short of a nightmare. The Canon 1DS has no USB ports it has a Firewire port.....ok so I added firewire ports to my p.c. and was able to hook it up physically however my computer still doesn't recognize it and EOS utilities does nothing as well. I want to be able to turn on all the custom functions of this camera and the only way to do that is to turn them on in EOS utilities. Any idea why this wont work?????

Heres what im working with Hewlett packard p6719c with windows 7 64 bit installed camera is Canon 1DS

Any help would be appreciated!

Which 1Ds? A MKI, a MKII, or the current MKIII?

What happens if you just remove the CF card, put the CF card in a card reader, and plug the card reader into a USB port? :er:

There is no need to shout (all caps) your thread title. :lol:

Which 1Ds? A MKI, a MKII, or the current MKIII?

What happens if you just remove the CF card, put the CF card in a card reader, and plug the card reader into a USB port? :er:

There is no need to shout (all caps) your thread title. :lol:

It's the original MKI If i remove the Cf card and put it in the card reader I Have access to all my images but i need to change functions on the camera so i need to connect the camera to the computer...I do feel the need to shout i've been trying to connect this camera for days LOL

Probably because there is not a windows 7 driver, i can't shoot teathered with my 5Dmk1 for the same reason, you will have to find someone with a XP machine

I have an old 1Dmk1 and all the custom functions can be done in the menue the only thing you need to hook up to the computer for is to load custom curves to correct the green cast which i think the 1Ds has also

Probably because there is not a windows 7 driver, i can't shoot teathered with my 5Dmk1 for the same reason, you will have to find someone with a XP machine

Well.....Thats a massive bummer good to know though thanks for the info I have an XP computer at work hopefully it has firewire ports and i can hook it all up there, otherwise im crackin that bad larry open and throwing these ports in her instead! I will customize this camera to my personal liking or kill a work computer trying!!

I have an old 1Dmk1 and all the custom functions can be done in the menue the only thing you need to hook up to the computer for is to load custom curves to correct the green cast which i think the 1Ds has also

....really ive tried it a bunch of times I have access to twenety of the thirty functions but some have been turned off like image enlargment. i try to turn them on but cant seem to figure out how.

I am ceratainly firmiliar with the green cast your talking about I was adjusting it in RAW but if i could set a custom function to eliminate it I would be much happier.

Ok, after extensive research and a bunch of frustration I have found that an xp emulator still wont support this camera...The only way to customize personal functions is to find a computer with xp as an operating system and has firewire ports, install eos utillities on it and then you will have acess to the camera.....mixing new technology with slightly older shouldn't be this difficult SHAME ON YOU CANON AND MICROSOFT!.....weak sauce.

This is yet another in a line of tens of thousands of Windoze features you've discovered! Awesome!

Most reactions

Back