What's new

Yaquina Head Lightouse

Really nice sunset. Those backlit grasses in the foreground are so luscious, I had to see them brought out a little. Then I got kind of carried away, hope you don't mind. Oh and one other thing; get the CA of the sides of the lighthouse -- you shoot raw right? No excuse then.

Joe

$bk_light_grass.webp
 
Really nice sunset. Those backlit grasses in the foreground are so luscious, I had to see them brought out a little. Then I got kind of carried away, hope you don't mind. Oh and one other thing; get the CA of the sides of the lighthouse -- you shoot raw right? No excuse then.

Joe

View attachment 15629

Nice edit!
 
Yes, an excellent edit by Ysarex. A different "feel" with that cooler, bluer sky at the top. I can envision this image as an AUGUST, 2012 Calendar page....earlier today I was actually contemplating overlaying a calendar template into tghe area upper right...seriously...I even downloaded a free calendar template from the web...then the damned phone rang...
 
Really nice sunset. Those backlit grasses in the foreground are so luscious, I had to see them brought out a little. Then I got kind of carried away, hope you don't mind. Oh and one other thing; get the CA of the sides of the lighthouse -- you shoot raw right? No excuse then.

Joe

Nice edit!

Glad you liked it, I was afraid I had headed a little toward cheezy, but hey after all, it is a lighthouse and you took it. You know there're art snobs out there that would look down their noses at lighthouse photos with sunsets behind them. I see Derrel is already talking calendar. In my youth I may have had a tendency toward similar snobbery, but thank heaven I outgrew it. Now I remember one of my favorite quotes:

"...as though the fact that reading The Three Musketeers were a menace to Dante. I have felt the sting of their snotty scorn, the lash of their haughty sneers, and what I have to say is, "You Are Just Another Sticky Wheel on the Grocery Cart of Life." -- Molly Ivins

Joe

Edit: I just re-read this and noticed that it might be construed that I was suggesting Derrel was a snob -- I would never!
 
Last edited:
I guess I'm torn. The original has a much more natural feel to me
 
This is an incredible shot, I really love this one. Composition and color are amazing.
 
WOW great job on this. Although there is really nothing on the right side of the frame it works with the sun and and the strong presence of that tower..Not sure what I like better the more vibrant edit or the original..
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom