Yashica Electro 35 - GSN, GTN

pendennis

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've always had a soft spot for the Yashica Electro 35. I used to carry one with me as a "third" camera with my Nikons. I sold two a couple of years ago, since the mercury batteries were no longer available, and the replacement silver/alkaline caused fluctuations in exposure, especially on transparencies. This anxiety is probably picayunish, but that's the way I felt.

Enter "Yashica Guy" and his web page on the Yashicas. Under one of the headings was a replacement battery using a diode which delivers a consistent 1.35v. Well, why not give them another go? I bought both a GSN and a GTN, I've also ordered two of the replacement batteries.

Both models work in all respects. The viewfinders are crystal clear, self-timer works accurately, and the electronic shutters seem accurate timed against a stop watch. I can pretty much tell by ear until shorter than 1/4 second. Both are in superb physical condition, and I'll take both out when the batteries arrive.

Electro 35's - Stacked - Lo Rez.jpg

Thanks for the battery info. I haven't tried to get these running yet. Recently I found this flash. It is powered by 3 AA or can be powered by the included long AC cord.

yashica-1.jpg

Most reactions

Back