yay! 50d is here! (lots of pics)

chammer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
the 50d arrived last night along with my other goodies. sadly i didnt get any play time with it, but got the batteries charged for today. very pleased with this camera, and kinda sad that it makes the xsi look like a toy in comparison. this thing must weigh like 5 or 6lbs with the tamron 2.8 17-50mm on it! very solid camera, and quite big yet very easy to use and handle.

here are some pics of the camera itself, and a couple others i took today (can click for the flickr page for details on the settings used):

...and here are a couple pics i took today:

just need to get out of the house now and get some more serious shots!

Yep, much better than a Rebel series. Congrats.

Next on my shopping list, that's for sure :drool:

thanks guys! its definitely a beast of a camera (weight/size wise), but its been great thus far! the shutter sounds extremely solid and strong so you can really get that semi-pro/pro feeling from it.

its definitely a beast of a camera (weight/size wise)
Try holding a 1D body or a 5D/5D Mk II with the battery grip. They make my gripped 40D feel small and light...LOL...

Try holding a 1D body or a 5D/5D Mk II with the battery grip. They make my gripped 40D feel small and light...LOL...

haha yea, im sure. they look quite hefty! im afraid to hold one though...i sold my motorcycle (first time in 10 years im without a bike *cry*) to pay off loan and credit card for this purchase...im afraid of what i'd have to sell to own one of those cameras. :mrgreen:

5d mkII is definitely on my list of cameras to own, but i really need to learn to use what i have first though!

haha yea, im sure. they look quite hefty! im afraid to hold one though...i sold my motorcycle (first time in 10 years im without a bike *cry*) to pay off loan and credit card for this purchase...im afraid of what i'd have to sell to own one of those cameras. :mrgreen:
We just had a photo meet and my friends kept asking if I wanted to try their "L" lenses (EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM, EF 35mm f/1.4L USM, EF 50mm f/1.2L USM, EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM, EF 135mm f/2.0L USM and EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM...yeah, they all love shooting with primes) on my 40D...kept telling them "No" because I didn't want to get tempted. Can't afford anything right now. Rotten guys...LOL...
5d mkII is definitely on my list of cameras to own, but i really need to learn to use what i have first though!
That's how I feel...learn to use what you have first. I shot with a XTi for a year and a half before I got my 40D and 5D.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back