What's new

Yay Dogs! Both Vicious and Cuddly

rexbobcat

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Nov 28, 2011
Messages
5,014
Reaction score
1,968
Location
United States
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I went to the dog park yesterday to photograph strangers' dogs. Dogs make me feel so happy inside because they hold no prejudices. They just love love love everyone.

Unless they're pitbulls. Sometimes they do hate people.

1.



2.


3.


4.
 
Last edited:
Good shots, but I'd dial that saturation way down...cause it looks like its at MAX on all of 'em...
 
Love the shots

Regarding the pitbull comment, if i were one and they made me fight to survive I'd hate people too!
 
Unless they're pitbulls. Sometimes they do hate people.

seriously?? pit bulls are the only dogs that *sometimes* hate people? I don't know about you but I have met plenty of attack chihuahuas. It is all about the owner and training nothing to do with breed.

anyway I agree about the saturation. I feel like #1 would be stronger with a wider crop, the way it is now feels very crowded (plus the paw/ear chop). #2 is my favorite. 3&4 are both oof and 4 looks like he has a lightsaber for a tail...which could be awesome if that was your point lol.
 
Beautiful dogs.....


On the contrary, a well bred and socialized pit bull is one of the most human friendly dogs... That's why they haven't made it into the top ten guard dog list.

You only know what you are told. Gotta love society. They were not called the nanny dog for nothing lol.
 
I was being facetious about the pitbull comment. Although, two years ago two stray pitbulls ate a homeless man in my hometown. It's not causation but still...Heh...
Way to get all defensive over a trivial comment, guys.

Yeah I noticed the saturation. I didn't touch the saturation dial. I just adjusted curves (which is probably the culprit) and levels. I'll see if I like it without, but I think I desaturated it a bit and it affected the luminance. Bleh.

#1 is actually at its original crop out of the camera. I cropped it so close for the sense of tension and tightness within the scene. I didn't want the viewer to feel too much like a viewer looking into the scene but rather someone who is right there. I didn't notice the ear crop though. That kind of sucks but then again it's not really a pivotal part of the image.

And yeah the last two were intentional. I don't want to sound all "I'm not going to listen to y'all blah blah" but the third is used to portray motion, hence the OOF-ness. The last one was almost going to be a trash shot until I saw the tail thing. It was kind of neat so I kept it lol.
 
Last edited:
I lowered the saturation by -10 in PS.

Any less then that and most of them start to look muted to my eyes.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom