Judobreaker

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.rvanantwerpen.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Oh, I got a pheasant for the first time too!!
I'm really happy now. :p

1. Eurasian coot
20130427_111031_small.jpg

2. Tufted ducks
20130427_113835_small.jpg

3. Mallard
20130427_120033_small.jpg

4. Jay
20130427_120630_small.jpg

5. Pheasant
20130427_124450_small.jpg

6. Egyptian goose
20130427_130740_small.jpg

This is just a selection of the full set which you can view here.

C&C always welcome.

Last edited:
Nice shots. Would you care to tell us what each of them are? I would hazard a guess or two, but these are European birds and I am not sure we have comparable ones on this side of the ocean, although I did get the Pheasant ;). My guess would be that #1 looks like an American Coot and the last one reminds me of an Egyptian Goose.

WesternGuy

Thanks for the comments guys.

Nice shots. Would you care to tell us what each of them are? I would hazard a guess or two, but these are European birds and I am not sure we have comparable ones on this side of the ocean, although I did get the Pheasant ;). My guess would be that #1 looks like an American Coot and the last one reminds me of an Egyptian Goose.

WesternGuy

The last one is indeed an Egyptian goose.
The coot is actually a Eurasian coot so you were close.
As for the others: Number 3 are Tufted ducks (2 female, 1 male), number 4 is a Mallard or Wild duck, number five is a Jay (the original one after which all the other Jay species are named) and numer 5 is indeed a Pheasant.

The full shoot also has some Magpies and Grebes in there. ^^

Thanks for the comments guys.

WesternGuy

The last one is indeed an Egyptian goose.
The coot is actually a Eurasian coot so you were close.
As for the others: Number 3 are Tufted ducks (2 female, 1 male), number 4 is a Mallard or Wild duck, number five is a Jay (the original one after which all the other Jay species are named) and numer 5 is indeed a Pheasant.

The full shoot also has some Magpies and Grebes in there. ^^

Thanks for the info. It is always nice to know what sort of avian fauna are flying around other parts of the world. I guessed the Egyptian Goose, because I have seen a number of them on my trips to Africa and I knew that they were present in some parts of Europe - imports I believe. The Eurasian Coot looks a bit different than the American Coot we have over here. The positioning and size of the white patch on its forehead is quite different - American Coot, Identification, All About Birds - Cornell Lab of Ornithology. however, they both have red eyes and the body is black. We do have Mallards and Pheasants, but the others you will not find on this side of the ocean, unless someone brought them over and hid them somewhere ;).

WesternGuy

Yep, the geese are originally import.
They escaped every once in a while though so over the years they bred a pretty decent wild population of them here in Holland. :p

Most reactions

Back