Year of the Alpha - 365 Days of Sony Alpha Photography

Kalainen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello dear Sony Alpha photographers,

I'm totally new to this forum, but I would like to introduce my new photo blog Year of the Alpha – 365 Days of Sony Alpha Photography, which I started at 1st of Jan and will continue for full year. Idea of this photo blog is to share every day a new photograph taken with Sony Alpha camera system (currently a Nex-5N) and a small diary like description go with it. In practice it means I'll post on this thread daily, providing also the link to the blog. I hope my photographs will add to this forum as well.

You can read more about my blog here: Year of the Alpha - 365 days of Sony Alpha Photography

For me this photo blog will work as a canvas for my photographic development, but I sincerely hope that it will also serve as source of inspiration for other photographers here too.

I hope you will enjoy this little adventure,
Toni Ahvenainen.

Since I've already started couple of days ago, I will post only images I take from now on. You can see six other in my at my blog (Year of the Alpha - 365 days of Sony Alpha Photography)

$DSC02441-Edit.jpg

Day 6 of 365
"At daylight everything is obvious and photographs taken in such circumstances often encloses self-explanatory characteristics that makes us interpret them with 'declarative eye'. If you are a fledgling photographer like me and you've shown your work to others you know exactly what that declarative eye is. They glance at your work and immediately state the what it is: 'it's a door of apartment house' or something similar. Photographs are swiftly consumed by the declarative eye and often not given a second thought afterwards. It's a frustrating experience not having a appropriate connection."

Read full post (and earlier images) from my blog: Year of the Alpha - 365 days of Sony Alpha Photography

--
Toni Ahvenainen (1976)
Year of the Alpha - 365 Days of Sony Alpha Photography: Year of the Alpha - 365 days of Sony Alpha Photography
Flickr-account: Flickr: Toni Ahvenainen's Photostream

$DSC02380-Edit.jpg

Day 7 of 365 - Chicken with rice, anyone?
"If you live in Europe or Nordic countries you will probably recognize this already an iconic red toy oven by BRIO. In Finland many generations of us have played with them and I remember them too from my childhood. There are of course modernized versions of toy ovens in the market with all the flashy lights, sounds and whatever, but I feel that a simple one gets the job done best. It was one of our most wanted Christmas present and we have already had couple of fresh meals done with it."

Read full post on my blog: Year of the Alpha - 365 days of Sony Alpha Photography

--
Toni Ahvenainen (1976)
Year of the Alpha - 365 Days of Sony Alpha Photography: Year of the Alpha - 365 days of Sony Alpha Photography
Flickr-account: Flickr: Toni Ahvenainen's Photostream

While I like your pictures, my reaction to people stopping in only to post pictures trying to lure my way to their site is not to go.
If you want traffic from here, you are better served by actually being active here, posting pictures for critique, commenting on others' pictures and helping to keep this community vibrant.

Last edited:
Sorry....Homie don't play dat.

While I like your pictures, my reaction to people stopping in only to post pictures trying to lure my way to their site is not to go.
If you want traffic from here, you are better served by actually being active here, posting pictures for critique, commenting on others' pictures and helping to keep this community vibrant.

I'm very sorry to hear your criticism, but I understand and certainly recognize the source of it. I have approached some Sony-related forums with exactly same way, and while reception has been only positive so far, I admit I may have chosen wrong approach for this forum/community. Tied tighly to Sony brand, my posts might be read the way you describe. Make no mistake, I'm looking for an audience and those who might be interested (who isn't), but I'm certainly not interested exploiting any community because of it.

I apologize my mistake. I will not post in this thread anymore and I will find another way approach this community. Maybe I'll hang around for a while and see how I find it. Perhaps then I will post some shots from my blog and comment others pics too.

Toni

ps. You have very nice photographs at your site. I'm impressed of them and I also thank you for you kind words.

Toni,

Don't get me wrong, I think your work is very nice and, if you were active here, many people would go visit.

That being said, it is important for the community here to continually develop as a resource.
That means showing good pictures, having good discussion - and going off site does nothing to contribute to that development.

So please continue to make threads here, show your pictures, educate us about Sony.

Lew

Most reactions

New Topics

Back