Yearling moose calf

davesnothere11

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This moose calf has been hanging around all winter mostly, with his mom. She disappeared, run down I fear as it seemed to early to kick him off when she stopped coming around.

*UPDATE* This young moose is probably in his second year. The cow and calf are fine. In fact the cow was on my front porch at the door, shortly after this post!)

There are a few similar shots that I'd like to know which people prefer. Also any other C&C you'd like to give would be appreciated. (Yes,I know its a little picture heavy, sorry)

Walking moose by davesnothere11, on Flickr

Baby face by davesnothere11, on Flickr

Baby face portrait by davesnothere11, on Flickr

Farmer moose 1 by davesnothere11, on Flickr

Farmer moose 2 by davesnothere11, on Flickr

Farmer moose 3 by davesnothere11, on Flickr

Snow nose by davesnothere11, on Flickr

Snow nose portrait by davesnothere11, on Flickr

Thoughtful moose by davesnothere11, on Flickr

Moose biting branch by davesnothere11, on Flickr

Thanks for viewing these.

Last edited:
Some very nice close up shots. My favorites are 2,6 &7. I also like #1 because it shows the whole animal.

Jerry

My favorite is number 8, looks like it got into the box of powdered donuts.

Hey Dave, nice series :) I can't pick a favorite :p

If you don't mind me asking where abouts are you that they come up to your door? While we saw them around the swamps at the cottage they never ventured near the cottage. I think I would have preferred the moose over the bears that had no qualms taking advantage of renters next door who didn't take care of their garbage though lol

PixelRabbit said:

If you don't mind me asking where abouts are you that they come up to your door? While we saw them around the swamps at the cottage they never ventured near the cottage. I think I would have preferred the moose over the bears that had no qualms taking advantage of renters next door who didn't take care of their garbage though lol

I'm in Wasilla, AK. Basically in the are where urban becomes rural. From what I've seen moose go wherever they want or can find food. With bears hitting your neighbors trash that might be more of a reason they stay away.

Heck in Anchorage one wandered into the hospital:

http://www.alaskadispatch.com/artic...s-nosey-moose-walking-through-its-doors-video

Nice, from your pictures it sure looks like a beautiful area.
You are probably right, the bears were the ones who ran amok everywhere. The moose kept to themselves for the most part, we were most likely to meet them going out the road and the only time they fussed was when momma had a baby around. We had more than one stare down and let me tell you I was intimidated, they are HUGE! I sure wouldn't be the guy with the wet floor sign shooing that thing out the door lol!

PixelRabbit said:

I'm in Wasilla, AK. Basically in the are where urban becomes rural. From what I've seen moose go wherever they want or can find food. With bears hitting your neighbors trash that might be more of a reason they stay away.

Heck in Anchorage one wandered into the hospital:

Alaska hospital contends with nosey moose walking through its doors (video) | Alaska Dispatch

We have a female hanging around the apt here in town. We have to check before walking out. Its been an a lot of fun with all the snow! In a few more months the bears will be out. :)

I love it! I'm a fan of moose for some reason...

I have had some health issues lately that have affected my eyes. But I am starting to feel a bit better. So I thought I'd do a quick edit to see if I could... I chose #2.

Using Gimp I chose #2. I adjusted the curves a little and added a bit of sharpness. I apologize if I ruined your photo.

MooseEdit.jpg

BuS_RiDeR said:
I love it! I'm a fan of moose for some reason...

I have had some health issues lately that have affected my eyes. But I am starting to feel a bit better. So I thought I'd do a quick edit to see if I could... I chose #2.

Using Gimp I chose #2. I adjusted the curves a little and added a bit of sharpness. I apologize if I ruined your photo.

Yes moose are great!

Thanks for the edit it is an improvement in the colors. I will have to go back to the originals and see about processing them better.

Most reactions

Back