Yellow and Black Garden Spider

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
We are getting one of the fields ready for Miss Emily to have some friends over to say goodbye to summer and I found this guy. Now I'm really not that enthused about being all that close to these guys but this is the first time I've seen one this big and I just kept telling myself "you are bigger than him and he is so yellow you can't miss him!" ohhhhhmmmmmmmmmmm....
Almost as soon as I found him and focused I scared a grasshopper up into his web. He wrapped it up so fast! I have a couple shots that need some TLC of him wrapping it that I may post later.
Would love to hear your thoughts! Thanks for taking a look :)

Argiope aurantia, nice capture. The little leaves are a bit distracting but not too much.

Nice Capture there Judy!

Although I do have a to agree with Juga about the leaves on the left.

Nice sharp photo of an interesting critter and I didn't even notice the leaves until mentioned. I guess I kind of feel that natural objects in nature photos are - well - natural.

Nice sharp photo of an interesting critter and I didn't even notice the leaves until mentioned. I guess I kind of feel that natural objects in nature photos are - well - natural.

So...if a arm is coming out of a person's ear in a photo all is well because it is a natural arm...exception...prosthetic.

I am just pulling your chain. It is a nice photo.

Nice shot. I have a fear of spiders as well but my fascination with them and desire to photograph them won out. Don't worry about the grasshopper. Your not the first photographer to buy their model lunch.

Nice shot!

I love those spiders. Seeing them reminds me of being a kid and running around outside all summer

Nothing like a little "action" shot involving one of nature's critters. Nice shot - can't wait to see the "wrap-ups".

WesternGuy

Thanks WG :) the others are posted in the macro forum because they are bigger crops, I'd post the link but I'm on my iPod ;)

Most reactions

Back