What's new

Yellow and ...

Actinometro

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jul 24, 2011
Messages
1,276
Reaction score
287
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
1. Late afternoon sun kissed flower
7065228977_937b92af4c_c.jpg


2. Nobody, but ...
7065228851_1715e4b8d7_c.jpg


3. Anti ecological colors
7065228491_2f67752246_c.jpg
 
I think number 2 is amazing the detail, colour, Compo and subject are stunning! Though I wonder if it would look better if you removed the chairs.

Number one is nice but it think there is some halo effect around the flower.
 
Last edited:
Thank you.
My nephews were talking a while ago and, as always, and left the chairs bellow. I decided to take the shot ;) Next time I'll try without the chairs.

Can't see the halos, nor from where they could come from. Bokeh is real and just fixed light, contrast and colors. I have to see it better.
Are you talking about the back petal on the east ?

Thank you, again.
 
Last edited:
First impressions:

1) I like this one, although I might be tempted to crop it a little closer and put the flower in the centre of the image- one time you can chuck the rule of thirds. ;)

2) This one is also interesting, although it would be a bit better with a more symmetrical arrangement. I like the chairs - it adds to the "nobody" theme - everyone left and there is no one home. It would also be a good image without the chairs.

3) Looks more like an environmental disaster! :sexywink: I like this one, not sure why, but it has certain abstract/randomness appeal to it, for me anyway. I would be curious to know the circumstances of how this "mess" came about.

_______________
WesternGuy
 
Maybe I'm using the wrong terminology ( I'm not very articulate lol)When I say halo effect I mean there seems to be a black outline around the edge of the flower.if you zoom in close you will see what I mean. This sometimes happen when you use sharpen tools. There is a way around this, in Photoshop there is a feather tool! If you highlight the flower using the lasso tool then use the feather tool selecting to feather by about 5 it should stop this happening in future. ThoughI am sorry if I haven't explained this correctly I haven't used an editing software in some time. Maybe someone with better editing skills can explain better. Ofcourse I maybe wrong an seeing something that isn't there after all I am viewing this on my iPhone lol
 
First impressions:

1) I like this one, although I might be tempted to crop it a little closer and put the flower in the centre of the image- one time you can chuck the rule of thirds. ;) Didn't because I wanted to get those background tones.

2) This one is also interesting, although it would be a bit better with a more symmetrical arrangement. I like the chairs - it adds to the "nobody" theme - everyone left and there is no one home. It would also be a good image without the chairs.

3) Looks more like an environmental disaster! :sexywink: I like this one, not sure why, but it has certain abstract/randomness appeal to it, for me anyway. I would be curious to know the circumstances of how this "mess" came about. It's the place where my brother in law does clay pigeon shooting.

_______________
WesternGuy

Thank you
 
Maybe I'm using the wrong terminology ( I'm not very articulate lol)When I say halo effect I mean there seems to be a black outline around the edge of the flower.if you zoom in close you will see what I mean. This sometimes happen when you use sharpen tools. There is a way around this, in Photoshop there is a feather tool! If you highlight the flower using the lasso tool then use the feather tool selecting to feather by about 5 it should stop this happening in future. ThoughI am sorry if I haven't explained this correctly I haven't used an editing software in some time. Maybe someone with better editing skills can explain better. Ofcourse I maybe wrong an seeing something that isn't there after all I am viewing this on my iPhone lol

Now I understand.

Thank you !
 
I like the #2. The others are just snapshots.
 
Yeah number 2 looks good. I'd try to get it just a little bit sharper and go for a lower angle. It's some great composition. Very lovely. The chairs gotta go though. Either remove them or rearrange them.

For the third one I'd try to get as low an angle as possible and possibly try to mix the shells in with the flowers a bit.

Good work
 
Yeah number 2 looks good. I'd try to get it just a little bit sharper and go for a lower angle. It's some great composition. Very lovely. The chairs gotta go though. Either remove them or rearrange them.

For the third one I'd try to get as low an angle as possible and possibly try to mix the shells in with the flowers a bit.

Good work

Had not much time to compose the scene .. kids going in and out.

Thank you very much for your suggestions.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom