Yellow garden spider

Nice creepy shot. Them things bite.

Yikes, made me shiver. I'm not afraid of them, not since moving to the US anyways! Wouldn't want to get up close and personal with this one though LOL. Great shot!

Nice shot, them critters use to scare me so much as a kid. They would shake their web if you got close. Good job. Ed

Nice shot, them critters use to scare me so much as a kid. They would shake their web if you got close. Good job. Ed

Are they dangerous? Or just intimidating?
I got bit by one last year on my arm trying to get through a thick pocket of wild flowers. I was trying to get a closer shot of a Heron in the water. Yes, it hurt, more like a hornet sting IMO. I had two of them on me. I still have a hard bump of my arm where it bit me.

I got bit by one last year on my arm trying to get through a thick pocket of wild flowers. I was trying to get a closer shot of a Heron in the water. Yes, it hurt, more like a hornet sting IMO. I had two of them on me. I still have a hard bump of my arm where it bit me.

If you start getting the urge to fight crime, let us know.

If you start getting the urge to fight crime, let us know.
Captain Silver Face?

The Silver Spider?

Ouch, that sounds unpleasant. I get bitten by the Wolf spiders that live in my window well all the time, they are a giant pain but, they kill the Mosquito's and I am highly allergic to them so.... the spiders and I remain somewhat friendly.

The Silver Spider?
I think, if I recall correctly, the original species name means silver face. We used to call them corn spiders or zig zag spiders. They all have a silver colored heads. They are pretty abundant here is Michigan.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back