What's new

Yellow

sleist

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Nov 8, 2009
Messages
3,872
Reaction score
2,368
Location
Somewhere in Florida
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
While "Red" was not selective coloring, this one is.

20121208_0582-XL.jpg


I think it works - well, it's no worse than the original at any rate ...

;)

Feel free to rip me a new one.
 
Well you did selective colouring... What the hell were you thinking lol

In all seriousness I like the image and think it works well. The only thing I would have done different would be to have used a wider aperture to get less detail from the background.
 
Well, seems to me you've come to the right place...I mean really, is this "yellow," or are there shades of orange tossed in? I would call this a misleading title. :lol:

That bit of cr*p aside, :-P I like the way it works and think there is enough bokeh to the background as to not need more. On occasion, I do some selective coloring but like most everyone else on here, it is not something I want to see every day.
 
The only thing I would have done different would be to have used a wider aperture to get less detail from the background.

I disagree here. I wanted the context. This is the last yellow tree of autumn in the city of Boston. (OK, I'm exaggerating a little ...)
I don't think the detail in the background is a distraction at any rate. I respect your opinion though - even if it's wrong. :D
The reason for the selective coloring was to decrease the distracting impact of color in the background while maintaining detail.
So I guess you're less wrong than I want you to be.

Thanks for commenting!
 
I mean really, is this "yellow," or are there shades of orange tossed in? I would call this a misleading title. :lol:

Please calibrate your monitor. Until then, my crappy photos are off limits to you.

:)
 
Ack! Ack! You can't do that here. Ack! So how about make the sky blue then you'll have a really nice complement pair -- blue and yellow look great together, and you may even momentarily confuse a few of the selective coloring police long enough to sneak out the back.

Joe
 
blue and yellow look great together

I thought it was blue and orange ...
That's OK, it will look like orange on ceeboy's monitor.

Don't start a color theory digression -- Unpopular will be here in a flash and won't know whether to complain about the selective coloring or get off on color theory. It's blue and orange in pigment but blue and yellow in light and there's other ways to think of it as well.

Joe
 
Last edited:
sleist said:
I disagree here. I wanted the context. This is the last yellow tree of autumn in the city of Boston. (OK, I'm exaggerating a little ...)
I don't think the detail in the background is a distraction at any rate. I respect your opinion though - even if it's wrong. :D
The reason for the selective coloring was to decrease the distracting impact of color in the background while maintaining detail.
So I guess you're less wrong than I want you to be.

Thanks for commenting!

Wrong?! I think you seem to forget that I'm never wrong lol

As for the background, I didn't mean to blur it completely but maybe a little more, because you know I'm right and you just don't want to admit it ;)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom