Yesterday's Lunch

paulocon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Not really sure where this goes.

Bored last night and ended up staying up way too late messing with this.. very crude setup with a t-shirt for background and the harsh kitchen lights for lighting.

Probably not a lot to be said as it's a very amateurish effort at something (not sure what I was trying to achieve here) but I had good fun doing it..

2825707971_840d95bf3a.jpg

Larger version:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3287/2825707971_840d95bf3a_b.jpg

It works. I really don't think it matters what the props are so much as long as the result looks good. If you learned something and had fun doing it then that is the most important thing. I like the lighting and I like the composition. Did you achieve what you were out to get?

Nice shot, but I wonder about the placement with the core half way up the image - would it be more effective to crop differently?

93rdcurrent,

not sure what I was setting out to do!! I was actually on my way to bed but made the mistake of picking up the camera again. I was just having a bit of fun to be honest and didn't know until a friend today told me this was called 'still life'. I never tried this type of photography before, am normally one for the outdoors.. Good learning experience and got me thinking about lighting etc..

AncientSnapper,
Fair point, I wasn't really thinking about composition when shooting initially to be honest - here's one for a few minutes later..

2827705168_3f06d43348.jpg

Most reactions

Back