Yesterdays Swallows

crimbfighter

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took a walk through a local state park yesterday. The Swallows were out in force, but not much else. I'm not sure the specific species of Swallow. I thought they we're Barn Swallows, but the male doesn't have enough brown, so I'm just not sure.

All shot with the D500, 200-500 @ f/5.6, 1/4000 sec, auto ISO

1. Female Swallow in flight.

2. I liked the way the light came through the feathers on this one.

3. Focus missed on this one a little bit but I loved the action. A Swallow was repeatedly chasing off a Finch. Not sure if the Finch was protecting it's territory or if the Finch was the aggressor.

4. A stoic female

5. One of my favorites. I'm pretty sure I heard him yelling, "I told you, NOOOOOOO!"

6. Followed by, "Yeah, I sure told her."

Excellent set.

Love/hate shooting swallows. Excellent to get a crisp shot of but my shoulder takes a beating holding up the lens that long.

Excellent set.

Love/hate shooting swallows. Excellent to get a crisp shot of but my shoulder takes a beating holding up the lens that long.
Thanks! There's a reason most of my shots were of the STATIONARY version of the Swallows.... They are a huge PITA to track, that's for sure.

Excellent captures! So tough to get but so rewarding when you finally do. They are Tree Swallows.

Very good shooting...
Thanks!

Excellent captures! So tough to get but so rewarding when you finally do. They are Tree Swallows.
Thank you! It does feel great when you're scrolling through frame after frame of just background or an OOF bird and suddenly one finally hits focus and looks good. And thank you for the identification!

All very good, but that 1st is a fantastic shot imo.

Great set! I also like the back lit feathers of #2.

Most reactions

Back