What's new

Yet another oldie!

Mitica100

Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member 📸
Joined
Nov 11, 2003
Messages
9,914
Reaction score
134
Location
Ahwatukee, AZ
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I dunno what gets into me early January but I ended up winning an eBay auction for a beautiful plate camera made in Germany by ZEH and called Zeca. It's in absolutely great shape, like it left the factory yesterday! It turns out it was auctioned by a serious collector, so he was happy to see it go to someone who appreciates it.

The interesting thing about this maker is that he built cameras in Dresden until the plant was destroyed by allied bombings during the WWII. The apertures seem the 'old style', in the 4.5, 6.3, 9, 12.5, 18, 25, 36 sequence. The lens is a very sharp Zecanar 135mm/f4.5, uncoated and the camera takes 9x12 (cm) size glass plates. It actually came with three plate holders, two which seem to have the glass plates still inside.

Here is a picture:
 

Attachments

  • $ZecaWeb.webp
    $ZecaWeb.webp
    18.4 KB · Views: 186
Dimitri, there's got to be a support group for you. And I think KSMatt is in it, too. If I had more cash, I'd need help as well!
 
Dimitri, just remember film is still available for your Zeca, also glass plates from Slavich.

These Avus type camera's were made by quite a number of companies in the 1920's & 30's the main differences being the quality of lens & shutter.

Ian
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom