Yey - time to go wiiiide!

Fate

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.davidhedgesphotography.carbonmade.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just bought a Tokina 12-24 off ebay..£260 new.. not bad imo!

Ive seen many good reviews of it and some even say its pretty damn simlilar to the Nikon version... so woot :)

Anyone care to share their views of this lens... just so i know what i have to look forward to :p

Dave

I had one for about 5 months and loved it. It does have a bit of a problem with CA, but is easily correctable if you shoot raw. Other than that it's tack sharp and built like a tank. It does have a lot of distortion at the edges of the frame, but it is a super-wide, so it's to be expected.

These were all taken with that lens on my d50 :)
nova-parked.jpg

sprite-smile.jpg

spooky_house_by_SnowmanHitman.jpg

Two_rivers_meet_by_SnowmanHitman.jpg

It's a fun lens. Great for car stuff which I love to do. Landscapes and other shots like that are amazing with it. Enjoy it!

niice :) thank you v much for the examples.. great shots... and that lens IS nice and sharp!

cheers for your comments all :)

I use that lens, and enjoy it a lot. I just posted some pics in this thread http://thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121002 which used the Tokina.

Also the distortion is easiliy correctable and is very well controlled at 24mm end. Not only that, the distortion can also be put to good use if you happen to like the effect as I do.

How did you come to decide on the Tokina? It was a real toss up for me between this lens and the Sigma 10-20mm (it seems you get bugger all extra performance from the Nikon at over twice the cost).

I'm still tempted to pick up a copy of the Simga so I can use both for a while and then decide which one to keep.

It seems variations between copies of the lenes could be the deciding factor.

Congrats on the new purchase.

yey it arrived... 3 days from Hk.. thats fast!

first impressions: build quality is as good as i hoped... and it is WIIDE, which is awesome... ive already annoyed my brother with it by taking a stupidly close up portrait at 12mm.. making is face distort.. funtimes!

Thanks for everyones comments and i'll try and get some shots up in the various galleries as i use it.

Most reactions

Back