Yikes... My baby is 14

pretty! Why did you blur the nose so much on number two?!

Is this any better?
qjs7f9

I like all of them but for some reason the lip ring pic really sticks out. Not sure why but that's my fave.

I like all of them but for some reason the lip ring pic really sticks out. Not sure why but that's my fave.

Interesting. The lip ring pic was one of the few done with just natural light. It was also shot with a macro lens vs a 300mm used for the first three. Thanks for looking and commenting.

Pretty girl, but I think your PP technique needs improvement.

how come her face is so blurry on 1 2 and 3?
(in other words, maybe a bit too far on the skin smoothing)

number 4 is the winner for me.

Thanks, Mike. Anything specific you would like to see different?
I think the biggest issue is the way you worked the skin. I think I know where you are trying to go, a typical magazine 'air brushed' look right?
Or are you trying to make the DOF look shallower that is was...or both?

Either way, the skin (in #2, for example) just looks blurry...rather than the soft & smooth look that you may be looking to achieve.

I think you improved with the re-edit, but it's still not as good as it could be.
The idea is to make the skin look smooth & soft, but might also want it to retain the texture of skin, otherwise it starts to look like plastic. Also you should keep definition where is needs to be. Around the nose for example. You can make the skin look softer, but you shouldn't blur the line between nose edge and cheek.

If you google 'Photoshop + Skin', you'll get more reading & tutorials that you could ever want.

If you were going for shallower DOF, you want to analyze the image to see how far into the image everything is. If her nose is on the same plane as hair that is in focus, then it should be in focus as well.

Most reactions

Back