Yongnuo for Canon, which one?

SuzukiGS750EZ

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm looking to buy ONE flash that will last me through learning and then some. Which of these flashes offers me more of a value as far as features and such? My Uncle told me I should get a flash that has IR in it as well, do both of these have that? I would like to learn flash but also use the flash off camera. It will be a single flash unit as i don't plan to buy another for a while. The battery is not a huge selling point for me. I just want to buy one of these two flashes and have it last me a bit (not as far as surviving a drop but getting into more advanced techniques).

686ex-rt Canon

600ex-rt ii

Last edited:
I hope so! If it lasts until canon comes out with a new flash in a few years and I learn properly how to use said flash, ill be happy.

I'm sure it will, I've had a small YN430 for a few years now, granted it only sees very occasional use but it's still going strong. I'm a big fan of the Yonguno products.

Not the same models as you have interest in, but I have 1 Canon flash and 4 Yonguno. The build quality of the Yonguno is easily equal and I have had no problems with them so far. If you took all the badges off, from the build quality it would be hard to tell which was which brand. I would not have bothered with the Canon if I had come across the Yonguno first, as I think Canon prices are rip offs. I expect them to be more expensive, but not THAT much more expensive! I got all 4 for less than the price of the 1 Canon and also external triggers for them (I chose the basic manual flash as it did everything I wanted and I could use the triggers on my studio lights which is very handy for my set up).

If you are looking for long term flash groupings and compatibility/future proofing, Godox and the various brands it is badged under is getting very good reviews lately. I cannot recommend them personally as I have never used one but worth investigating them to compare to the one you have already looked at perhaps.

Most reactions

Back