yorkie c&c

c&k

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok so these are my first two shots for c&c. I just got my camera and am a total noob but would love for some of you to rip these shots to shreds so I can learn to take better shots. Thanks in advance.

4415808442_7b23aa0118.jpg

4415741690_2f75a48858.jpg

I like this one the best even though it looks like I focused on the nose rather than the eyes. And his jacked up hair is a little distracting.

Again thanks in advance guys.

I think the first is a little bit of an awkward composition. I think it's preferred to get on eye level with the dog, might make the picture more interesting. Maybe seeing the whole shadow would help, especially if dog was looking down at it since it's very stark... just an idea.

Dog looks like a zombie dog in the 2nd pic like he/she's been eating flesh and wants more... or I have zombies on the brain. Seriously though, you're right on about the focus, the bright highlighted background is a little 'distracting' (overused word).

I'm as new as you are to this though, so take my critique for what little it's worth and keep taking photos :)

Reznap thanks man. Yeah there were a few things I wished I could have done differently with the first. But I'm afraid I've ruined my dog and he won't sit still or mind for anything.

The weather is supposed to be pretty decent the next day or so and I'll see if I can't get something better using your suggestions.

Haha I love the zombie dog description. Is it the color of his face? Or his nasty grill? Or his out of focus eyes that make you think that? Thanks in advance.

Haha I love the zombie dog description. Is it the color of his face? Or his nasty grill? Or his out of focus eyes that make you think that? Thanks in advance.

His teeth, in combination with 28 Days Later being on TV last night, and discussing zombies in another thread here..

He does look bloody to me though, but maybe I need to get back in touch with reality. :blushing:

I like the 2nd one better than the 1st one.

One way you could've improved the 1st one is by changing your position so that the sun is at your back, and turning on your flash to get rid of the harsh shadows. I would have loved to see his face straight on in that shot, it looks like it would have been a really cute expression with his tongue sticking out. It is adorable.

But I do agree that it would be much better if the shadow wasn't cut short, from the angle you shot at.

You can also try backlighting him with the sun and turning on your flash for fill light, I think it might produce a cool effect on all his shaggy hair. Just keep experimenting!

I think you did a great job!

Bekah

Ok awesome. Thanks for the suggestions. I'll definitely see if I can't implement them soon and post some more pics. I see now why those more experienced say to keep shooting. Practice makes better :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back