Yosemite Weekend advice

Hock

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I'll be going out to Yosemite in a few weeks and hope to take some decent photos. What I have in my arsenal is the following...

Canon xsi
2x4GB card (I'll have a laptop to dump the pix off on)
Canon 50mm F/1.8
Canon 18-55mm F/3.5-5.6 IS
Tamron 28-75 F/2.8 (followed by too many letters)
UV filer for all, C. polarizer for 50mm and 28-75
NO lights

Are they any equipment suggestions on what I should get? maybe a rental lens or ND, GND filters?
Any tips and advice would be welcome. Thanks!

Bring a tripod for sure! You'll want to do night/evening shot and it's pretty much required.

You may wish to rent a long lens (for wildlife should you see some) something like 300mm or 400mm.

UV filters are a good idea, from the thought they will protect your lenses from scratches and minor bumps.

Most importantly bring a creative imagination.

Don't get eaten by a bear and have a great time!

yup... forgot to mention I will also bring a tripod... probably 2. A light one to hike with and a heavier just shots that are close by

morning hots in the park eh? Who are you going with? :sexywink:

Plan on shooting in the smoke the Wild Cat fire is burning really bad right now putting alot of smoke in the air. Im not sure if there is a filter to help that out but just thought I would give you a heads up.

If you are planning to see/shoot some well known sites...try to know when the best time of day will be for them, and plan your itinerary accordingly. Mountains can go from a spectacular scene to a big dark blob during the day, so it pays to know which shots are morning shots and which ones look better in the evening.

Try to find a shot that hasn't already been taken by Ansel Adams.

Buy two cans of bear spray. Use one for target practice.

Plan on shooting in the smoke the Wild Cat fire is burning really bad right now putting alot of smoke in the air. Im not sure if there is a filter to help that out but just thought I would give you a heads up.

I've heard that smoke is transparent in infra-red. That probably doesn't hellp much.

Does any one have suggestions on photo sites?

Most reactions

Back