You don't know Jack.... C&C Please

Darton

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Small effort of product showcase. I do see it needs work, what do you think?

Jack.jpg

I like it overall! My only thoughts were redoing the exact shot with different colored object's in the background. There's a lot of brown. And then possibly filling the shot glass up a litte more until the "Jack Daniels" is completely backed by brown.

Is this for an advertisement? Do you work for the parent company of Jack Daniels?

Here is an edit. i Think i'll shoot it again without the white furniture in the background and fill the glass a little more also. Thanks, No I don't work for Jack Daniels (I wish).

Jack2.jpg

Tonally this really works for me, I don't think the subject needs seperated from the background any more than it is, the dark area above the bottle is particularly nice. Much better with out the placemat but the area of white is still a distraction.

A few thoughts if this was an actual product shot though, it looks like it's sitting on a formica worktop, (might be granite but it still looks like formica) and this slightly cheapens the environment. Water beading on glass and on the worktop surface is usually used to suggest something is cold, whiskey is served at room tempreture so all the surfaces should be bone dry. Was this spillage? How many had you had? ;) It might seem like nit picking but a product shot should sell the product and a brand like JD is also selling a lifestyle.

All said I really like the shot though.

I see your point with the water. LOL, I hadn't had any so no it wasn't spillage. Actually the shot glass was filled with apple juice. the worktop is a faux granite, can't really make it look any better. Thanks for the constructive critisim.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back