You want wine to go with that cheese?

bigalbest

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.sandphotos.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I rented a 1DS MarkIII for a job last week and had a little time to play with it. Here are a couple of the shots I took, what do you think?

2708263846_162fd2c990.jpg

I have a thing for raw salmon, yum. 50mm 1.4

2707444737_a94b1ec553.jpg

When I drink I usually prefer beer but lately have been trying a bit of the wine. 85mm 1.2

Whoa whats with the focusing wackiness on #2? Looks like the opener and a portion of the wine glass is in focus... hm... might be on the same plane, I guess, but the out of focus stem is really throwing me for a loop. Must be that f1.2.... that's nuts. :)

Anyway, obviously the very shallow DOF is a bit distracting, but it's an interesting effect. First one seemed a little dark, but nice. Nothing too exciting on either, IMO, but both nice.

Whoa whats with the focusing wackiness on #2? Looks like the opener and a portion of the wine glass is in focus... hm... might be on the same plane, I guess, but the out of focus stem is really throwing me for a loop. Must be that f1.2.... that's nuts. :)

Anyway, obviously the very shallow DOF is a bit distracting, but it's an interesting effect. First one seemed a little dark, but nice. Nothing too exciting on either, IMO, but both nice.

Ya I noticed the glass and came to the same conclusion (focal plane). The pics are ok like you said, but I was just seeing what the camera was capable of and it really performed nicely. Can't wait 'till I get one of my own... sigh.

heheh... totally understand the experimenting thing. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back