What's new

Your best photo from 2011

Sammie_Lou

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 15, 2011
Messages
394
Reaction score
59
Location
Farmington Hills, MI
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A group that I'm a part of on Flikr is doing this and I thought it was a great idea. Post your best image from 2011 - the one you're most proud of - and let us know why you think that one is your best.

I think this is my best photo from 2011 - while it's not particularly powerful or anything, I feel that the focus is good, there's nice background blur, I got some nice catchlights in his eyes, etc....all of which is very exciting for me since I'm so new to this. I'm sure next year, my criteria for making a photo my favorite will be a little different, but right now, I'm excited just to learn the basics. Things I would change - I would probably turn the saturation down a bit and clone out the little random blob of color in the grass (both of which I might do now that I have Elements 10).


DSC_0527 by SLampear88, on Flickr
 
pfft
haven't even taken any photos this year

...at least not seriously...

I've just been editing

here's my best edit
my cousins friend took this, i just edited it

caroline1comparefinal.jpg
 
pretty decent edit ^

i too haven't taken so many photos this year. i closed my photo business in 2010 to go to med school. the only ones i've taken this year was when my friend came to visit me in nyc and i took some shots in the living room.

5596559940_cc1d9a8bb5_z.jpg


Norita 66 / Noritar 80mm f2
Fuji Pro 400H

i want to get back to shooting more. sucks being so busy.
 
I'm too stubborn to admit that I've taken my best pic already this year. So far I'd have to say this one, but the year isn't over yet:

img5753ao.jpg
 
This is difficult, but I would have to say it's probably this pano from East Cemetery Hill in Gettysburg. Part of it is the photo itself, and the other part is because of what happened here.

 
THis is my first year, started in October actually.

I guess I like this one the best, though probably not entirely for 'technical' reasons.


DSC_0058 by franklinrabon, on Flickr
 
Wonderful photos everyone! My best fall under the artistic nude category so I can't post those. Instead, here are some other favorite images I've shot for outdoor and studio images:


 
Tee, I seen your stuff on the other forum. It's too bad what I think your best can't be posted in TPF due to the PG-13 balogny pony rules in here.
 
Tee, I seen your stuff on the other forum. It's too bad what I think your best can't be posted in TPF due to the PG-13 balogny pony rules in here.

Thanks camz! I appreciate it.
 
Popular Consensus says it's this one:

Photo-6-of-10-X3.jpg


But like said, the year isn't over yet and I've got alot of swimming and basketball to shoot before new years!
 
Since I started shooting with a DSLR last April I missed out on a few months of 2011... Its too hard to pick just one since I like to try to shoot everything. Shooting people more is going to be my goal for 2012.

I dont know about my best, but these are my favorites by category.

Landscape:


HDR:

Matilija Dam
Aviation:


Animals/Nature:





Black & White:
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom