What's new

Your best photo from 2011

.
 
Last edited:
Probobly my best shot of the year

6129481396_56e6d5581f_o.jpg
 
Here's one I took yesterday that I've taken a liking to. (5D, 1/2000s, 85mm, f/2.5, ISO 100)

385550_10150451779486912_500091911_8737991_1271281742_n.jpg


The last Cribstone bridge in the world. About 15 minutes from my house. (5D, 1/250s, 35mm f/1.4L, f/5, ISO 50)

Crossing%2Bthe%2BBridge%2BFS-4033-2.jpg


And this one, out camping by Lake Pemaquid. We had docks that went a ways out into the water that I laid down on to get this shot early on a foggy morning. (5D, 1/1000s, f/2.5, 85mm f/1.4, ISO 100)

lol%2Bphotos-5826.jpg



I included shot settings as someone requested, however shot data is all circumstantial and depends on the light scenario. So the exif probably won't help anyone...
 
My first postever to the site! I'm having a lot of trouble picking my favorite picture Ihave taken 2011. So here it goes, I actually have two one from each sport Ishot even though I am so in love with so many these are the two I choose:
Baseball:
DSC_0260 copy.jpg

Football:
DSC_4834 copy.jpg


The pictures are only 72 pixel resolution, Sorry. I've had problems with theft of photos on sites before.
 
Last edited:
I seem to be living in a Macro World! :)

ISO 200, F22, 1/250, Diffused flash
b2.jpg


ISO 400, F4.5, 1/160, Diffused fill flash
b3.jpg


ISO 100, F20, 1/60, Diffused flash (backlit)
b4.jpg


ISO 100, F22, 1/60, Diffused flash
b1.jpg
 
Last edited:
My favorite shot from this year. Taken in Seattle, one of the few times I've tried any street photography/candid


Shades by Boaketography, on Flickr
 
Great pictures everyone! Neat idea for a thread.

I have 2 pictures, one is sports related:

IMG_2527-1.jpg


And the 2nd picture is from my pond this fall:

IMG_2984.jpg
 
I think this is probably my fave for the year...


Oklahoma Hummingbird by Tim Herschbach, on Flickr


How did you manage to get that great black background? Clever positioning or post production?

Positioning and very bright light mostly, but a bit of burning was done to subdue the very subtle dark tones. This was shot early morning toward a group of leafy brush that was backlit. Some speckled sunlight was visible, but it was very dim and very subtle. This is almost as it looked sooc.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom