Your Best Shot

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I recently submitted a shot for Popular Photography's Your Best Shot... monthly photo contest sort of thing. Anyone ever done this?

sometimes I think of entering competitions - then I look at the works submitted and those that one the years before and slink away.
I don't think I am good enough yet - but I certainly don't think its not within my reach!

No, but it sounds interesting

Yeah, you can submit up to 5 shots a month. I figure I'll send in a couple more for this month and then a few next month just to see.

sometimes I think of entering competitions - then I look at the works submitted and those that one the years before and slink away.
I don't think I am good enough yet - but I certainly don't think its not within my reach!

I dunno. I've been reading pop photog for a while now... some of the shots in there are pretty good, but honestly I see better shots posted up here pretty frequently. I think it's somewhat a matter of timing. If you just happen to get in a month where everyone kicks ass, well... tough. Otherwise you may have a shot.

Plus, Over, your shots are good. :)

I'm always leery of photography contests. I've heard too many stories about them just being ripoffs that somehow claim all the rights to every submitted picture. That said, I'd love to find a legit one to enter.

If you just happen to get in a month where everyone kicks ass, well... tough.
I missed the deadline to bring the pics I entered to the fairgrounds last year for entry in the amateur photo show at the state fair (no prize really, I just think it is cool to see my pics up. Besides, I won 7th place for one I entered the year before). I was pissed when I went to look at the entries. Hardly any were very good and many were downright awful. I probably would have gotten a ribbon! Maybe next year...

I'm always leery of photography contests. I've heard too many stories about them just being ripoffs that somehow claim all the rights to every submitted picture. That said, I'd love to find a legit one to enter.

Yeah, I figured I'd be pretty safe with Popular Photography as it's a big publication based around a community of subscribers.

I actually just realized that I submitted some to Nikon's photo contest as well. Forgot about that.

I missed the deadline to bring the pics I entered to the fairgrounds last year for entry in the amateur photo show at the state fair (no prize really, I just think it is cool to see my pics up. Besides, I won 7th place for one I entered the year before). I was pissed when I went to look at the entries. Hardly any were very good and many were downright awful. I probably would have gotten a ribbon! Maybe next year...

Yeah, I'm going to try to do that this year. Our town has a photography contest every year as part of their little town fair thingy.

Anyone know of a good photo contest for me to enter? I don't really know which ones are good or bad. None are local, in mesa,az.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back