Your cam

Buckster - you really need to get yourself a motorized focusing rail then you'll really look the part! (either home made or bought ;))
Great idea! I can see in my mind how to DIY one up pretty cheap already with some old parts I've got laying around here... Should be able to work it up to sync with the intervalometer too, which would automate the whole thing real nice. Gonna have to give that some more thought and see what I can bug together.

Sure would come in handy for focus stacking... :thumbup::D

Go for it :) I'll be interested to see the results!

Buckster said:
Great idea! I can see in my mind how to DIY one up pretty cheap already with some old parts I've got laying around here... Should be able to work it up to sync with the intervalometer too, which would automate the whole thing real nice. Gonna have to give that some more thought and see what I can bug together.

Sure would come in handy for focus stacking... :thumbup::D

I wish I was home to take a shot of my setup, I use the Cognisys StackShot setup similar to what you see at the bottom of the page at: http://www.cognisys-inc.com/products/adapter_plate.php?osCsid=d78d7ae1d34a8ab0becda078e4233669

Except my camera is a Nikon D800E with either the 105 or 200mm macros. I'm getting tempted to get the StopShot too for some water pics.

Sent from my stone tablet using semaphores

Most reactions

Back