Your Dial up will catch on fire- Joe and Ashley

I think you did an amazing job! Bravo to you! And who ever heard of a bride doing cartwheels? I can't do one normally, let alone with a 20lb dress on. Goodness...

An unbustled 20lb dress. She never bustled the dress. She was country swing dancing all night with that thing swinging all over the place. It was like a little extention of her. I've never seen anything like it. She was waaaayyyyy to fun.

I'm somewhat new here and have not seen your work before, but HOLY COW! I loved these! You are amazing.

I'm somewhat new here and have not seen your work before, but HOLY COW! I loved these! You are amazing.

Well welcome to the forum. It is a terrific place. Thank you so much for being so nice about our work. I'm blushing!

Oh yeah so I have a ? - did you do the backwards flash for all of the reception shots for this one? It looks like it was well lit. Also, if you choose only one lens to use for a wedding, what would it be?

I've seen alot of the work you post on here and I am in complete awe as always. Fantastic shoot, but gotta ask you.....

What gives you such a unique and eloquent style is your razor sharp lines of contrast against your silky smooth soft skin tones. I still can't figure out how you acheive this! I'm assuming its achieved in PP, but by use of a plug in? If so, which one? Simply amazing....thanks for sharing:hail:

Oh yeah so I have a ? - did you do the backwards flash for all of the reception shots for this one? It looks like it was well lit. Also, if you choose only one lens to use for a wedding, what would it be?

Hi JJM,
This reception was indeed a bit lighter. But I still used the backward flash.
The lens is without a doubt 35mm 1.4. :)

I've seen alot of the work you post on here and I am in complete awe as always. Fantastic shoot, but gotta ask you.....

What gives you such a unique and eloquent style is your razor sharp lines of contrast against your silky smooth soft skin tones. I still can't figure out how you acheive this! I'm assuming its achieved in PP, but by use of a plug in? If so, which one? Simply amazing....thanks for sharing:hail:

Thank you so much.
Here is the secret:

I run everything in Noiseware first. In close up shots, I also run Portraiture. And then I blast it with a good dose of "Boutwell Magic Glasses" which targets only edges of things.
That's it. The secrets out!:hugs:

Thank you All Smiles.

Nik, yeah I really do. What other job on the planet allows you to go to a fun party every weekend?????:lovey:
I have to agree!! I love photography and most wedding I do also!!
You do some awesome work! And you are so lucky two have your husband as your second photographer, so far I have to do it alone I haven't been able to find anyone that doesn't expect all of the money made (not that I won't share it) or for me to buy them a complete setup to be able to shoot. :meh:

I have to agree!! I love photography and most wedding I do also!!
You do some awesome work! And you are so lucky two have your husband as your second photographer, so far I have to do it alone I haven't been able to find anyone that doesn't expect all of the money made (not that I won't share it) or for me to buy them a complete setup to be able to shoot. :meh:
Not to hijack, but do you have a family member good with a camera? My little sister shoots back up for me and I just loan her my stuff. She couldn't afford to outfit herself right now, but eventually we're hoping to go all the way and be partners. Just a thought...

Not to hijack, but do you have a family member good with a camera? My little sister shoots back up for me and I just loan her my stuff. She couldn't afford to outfit herself right now, but eventually we're hoping to go all the way and be partners. Just a thought...
Unfortunately other than my 7yr old daughter who loves it and does some amazing things with my old point and shoot. I was learning from my step dad who recently became very ill, sad but it got so bad he doesnt remember how to work his camera. He used to shoot for Kraft foods and do major stuff. :(
Other than that I have tried putting a camera in my hubby's hands and ended up with tons of photos with of people by garbage cans some weird stuff. :lmao:

Unfortunately other than my 7yr old daughter who loves it and does some amazing things with my old point and shoot. I was learning from my step dad who recently became very ill, sad but it got so bad he doesnt remember how to work his camera. He used to shoot for Kraft foods and do major stuff. :(
Other than that I have tried putting a camera in my hubby's hands and ended up with tons of photos with of people by garbage cans some weird stuff. :lmao:

Just train him like any other apprentice. Luckily my hubby was pretty good to begin with, but he's been great too about taking tips. He also handles all the techy stuff and can outshoot me in all things portrait.
And if you can work it out, you'll always have someone to cover your back, and you will have a joint interest in making the business fly.

I just looked through these again! Your attention to detail while shooting in a fast paced wedding is unbelievable!! I'm still a newb but I have seen plenty of
wedding shots like this where limbs, dresses ect are cut off!! Even down to her dancing with the large feather on her head you made sure to get the whole feather. Well done, I am a huge fan of your work!!!!:thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back