Chief Free Electron Relocator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
pixels.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is gonna be fun.........:thumbup:

Find the first photo you ever took and post it.:D If you can't find your first, find the earliest one you can.

Here's mine:

MyFirstPhotoPost.jpg

August 9, 1976, Glacier Nat'l Park. SX-70.

I have no idea what my first photo ever is. Some print from high school I imagine, but I can post the first photo I took for the newspaper I currently work for.

This was my tryout for the position. Took it with some crap Kodak point-n-shoot. I somehow managed to get the job and am now the chief photographer 7 years later.

Long gone! and the negs. Probably a photo of a tree, or my cat ..or something like that.
All the negs and slides from later on, that i wish i'd kept..and could upload to Flickr. Not worth dwelling on it! Is good/will be good to see everyone's here though.

Long gone as well but I remember it. It was a spring in the woods behind our house when I was six. B&W from a Kodak Brownie.

I wasn't supposed to go in there and was I in trouble when the prints came back. Worth it though. ;)

Here are the frist shots I took the day I got my first DSLR (Nikon D3000), and decided to take photography seriously.....

How cliche is this? :lol:

004-1.jpg

014-2.jpg

The first photos were of family at family get togethers. Others were embarrassing photos of my brothers.
My non family photos were on film and they are in storage, so I'll post my first digital photo;

trish-682x1024.jpg

Here is a photo I took in, I believe it was 1974, and I was 11 years old.It was made with a plastic-bodied 620 rollfilm camera that had one aperture and one shutter speed, and knob film winding, and the old red window film counting system. I payed ten cents for the camera at a school rummage sale. This was from one of my very first rolls of film,and is the earliest picture I have of my brother Brian, who's shown in the picture crossing a drainage ditch at a major fence intersection.

134650400.jpg

You're so talented! I'm very excited because of making my first shots. I'll do my best.

Hmmm my photography is broken into 3 broad stages I think:
1 - snapshot era - most of my life and I don't have any of these (and heck they were only ever snapshots on disposable cameras - most probably not even developed)

2 - got the DSLR era - 99.9% of these were "ooh that does this do" shots and there were a lot of feet, ceilings and other pointless things - snapshots, and again all lost

3 - got the siggy 70-300mm and beyond - this is where I moved from snapshotter to photographer - and I still have some of these early shots
Yorkshire - first shots - a set on Flickr

3261691100_fa7310ac46.jpg

1111.jpg

ca. 1989, Smena 8M manual camera, first film ever , i was ca. 11 y.o. school trip

rest of photos were not good at all, only this one was straight horizontal and focused , but.. firs film ever

Last edited:
I don't remember or have my first photo. But I was about 7 or 8 years old when I first discovered photography. I found my dads dark room stuff, some old kodak photo paper and developer and I learned how to make my own darkroom at that time.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back