Your First Record

Actually, one of my first records was a 78, but it was too long ago to remember the artist (parents bought it for me).
The first one a actually remember purchasing was Kiss Destroyer in '76. This was followed by Love Gun in '77. For those that weren't around in those days, record albums used to come with cool stuff on the inside. Love Gun came with a little pop gun inside. I wonder how much that would be worth on eBay today.

Interestingly Destroyer was also the last album I bought. I found an un-opened copy about 7 years ago and still have it in the original plastic wrap.

Nope, not yet.

Down here in Texas, we only use our guns whenever kindness fails....:p

Here in Germany we use them only for sports ... OK ... but sports is defined differently depending on where you go ;)

The first record I bought was Styx - Grand Illusion back in 1977.

Its definately not my style today, but at the time it was on the charts.

I was 17 at the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't tell you the first but I did have a beach boys album I bought in the 70's

So many, so long ago. This is one of the first, if not the first:

(long - 2 parts)

In a Gadda Da Vida Part One-Iron Butterfly

Legend has it that the title was to be "In the Garden of Eden" but they were too stoned to say sing that. Could be.

My first album that I bought with my own money was Asia with the song "Sole Survivor." I was probably 12 or 13 years old.

See it in all it's 80's glory here --> http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=TTMJamacqA8

My last was Bon Jovi's Slippery When Wet got it from my girlfriend for my 16th birthday. After that is was all CDs!!!

Here they are complete with 80's style big hair --> http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=nE11Zrrp24I

First Record 45 Beatles Hey Jude / Revolution First LP Monkees More of the Monkees

ehh hemm...

Top Gun Soundtrack.

It was a tape...probably around 92 when I was oh....4...
I wore it out, and got it again on CD in 95 or so...would been 7 I think. Something like that.

and the anthem (actually a good song)

See if that brings back memories..lol

Most reactions

Back