" YOUR IN THE PUBLISHER SEAT "

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok folks, heres a chance to sit behind the desk and review a few pics...

One of these (6) photos will appear in a "2008" Vermont Calendar, Theme, Covered Bridges.... You make the choice, which one is it??

WHATS YOUR PIC????

I usually submit around 50 shots, but will spare you here...

ONE

DSCN2680.jpg

TWO

CreameryBridgeMont-1.jpg

THREE

TroyVt.jpg

FOUR

snowbridgecopyyes.jpg

FIVE

troybridge.jpg

SIX
irabridge.jpg

I like #1 and #4. If you can crop in tighter on #1, that would be my choice. Else it's #4.

3 or 4 probably.

I would like to see #1 larger. Otherwise, its #4 for me, its got the best contrast. #2 is hazy, but the foliage is beautiful. If that one was a bit clearer, I might choose that one, but you can't see the bridge that well. Overall, they are all very good.

NJ

Hey Thanks all above for your guess ... Gonna give this a bump to the top again before telling which one made the grade..

wow it sure dropped down the page fast...

#3 and #4 are fine, but #6 works best for me in terms of composition and subject matter.
Mike

If there weren't these funny things going on in Photo 2 (foggy pic, no contrasts), that one would be my pick. I know that of the intended subject there is only little to be seen, really, but I do like the fact that the many branches and leaves surround what is the subject with a bit of mystery. But something is not right about saturation and sharpness. Both too strong along with too week contrasts and depth (not "of field"!) ... I don't quite understand what it is that went wrong... Was it maybe rescued in PS from an all underexposed photo?

Well this should show IMO, that what you sometimes like and think is good , is not always a winner,,, As I said , I sent around 50 shots in a submission, and granted not all are great, but you want different looks also..

As with Magazines, luck and timing are sometimes everything...

Ok enough, hear ya ya go. IF YOU PICKED #3.... YOU GOT IT!

Now they will without doubt enhance this photo, but I still feel not seeing the entire bridge/ the tree on right/ the hot area under bridge ( support/ and virtually no sky, would shoot this pic right off the desk...

so again, this is a type filler shot, not great , but what they wanted.. perhaps it was this bridge's location, town???

Thanks folks..

1 Too busy in the foreground.
2 Nowhere near the quality necessary for publishing.
3 Lack of contrast; doesn't 'pop'
4 Good shot. Probably my choice.
5 Way to busy and covered up by branches.
6 Less interesting bridge than 4; but a better shot.

I have to agree with some pp's - I like number 2 if it weren't so hazy! But I love the contrast in 4 - seems I agree with everyone above!

Nice work! :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back