Hey... just being honest and hoping it helps.
The lighting here is a little off... almost looks like a direct flash, but it's also undexposed, so I'm not quite sure what you did. The color balance is off as well... yellow orange... which implies that you didn't use a flash. Odd. Harsh overhead incandescants???
On the subject... it's not all that interesting, unfortunately. Well, to me anyway... It also looks like it sat out a bit and is getting melty, which is a little distracting. It also looks a bit like someone made a dent in it with a spoon or something in the front there... that's a bit distracting, too... it's not enough to be a statement of "SOMEONE ATE THIS!" but enough to be a detractor from a "look at this beautiful item of food!"
In general, the crop is a little odd for me too...
I dunno. Some of this stuff is technical and easily fixed on a retry (such as the light)... not sure how to better compose it or prepare the food.
Food photography is a whole dark art unto itself... one which I have no personal experience with other than to have admired other people's work. I've also seen some amazing documentaries on the topic. Others may be able to give you some more direct feedback on presentation. The best I can say is I might have brought the whole plate into frame and put some garnish around it with a bit of color... like mint leaves or something.