your marquis dish

all i make is pasta..how bad am i

heheh. you are just like my wife- she hates to cook. works well for us, 'cause i love to cook :)

not everyone is into the cooking thing. how about baking? even tho she almost never cooks dinner or any other meal, she does make a wickedly good carrot cake...

I think I love baking more than meal-cooking. Not sure why that is. I'm a freak for doing everything from scratch, too. I make wickedly good pie crust and love to make cherry pie and apple pie. Though cherry usually wins cause I can save time by using sour canned cherries. It takes time to peel and slice a bunch of apples. :wink:

And I could bake a different kind of bread any day of the week - I love to bake bread. "goody" breads like banana bread are ok, but I'm talking big, thick, yeasty breads that require rising time, kneading, etc. Or torn down to dinner rolls, or something. I love it, but it's time consuming so it doesn't happen as much as I'd like.

Meal cooking takes time, too, and is gobbled up in 12 minutes. Maybe that's why it becomes less engaging. I have this fab recipe for bacon-wrapped hens, not Cornish hens but the smaller game bird whose name escapes me at the moment - it takes awhile to prep the little buggers, with sage, etc. Add the baking time and it's been a 90-minute prep and we tear into them inside of 6 minutes, it's so good.

Then all that's left is the dirty dishes. :? bah!!!

well it is bbq season finally, so just for you all I will throw one on the bbq and drink some good beer to go along with it.

Then all that's left is the dirty dishes. bah!!!

i think this was my original impetus for learning to cook- so i wouldn't have to do the dishes!

I feel too guilty making a mess and having someone else clean it up alone.

Is this dumb??? :shock:

terri said:
I feel too guilty making a mess and having someone else clean it up alone.

Is this dumb??? :shock:

It's called "separation of labor." If I slave over the hot stove, making the food, why should I let everyone else stuff themselves and then not be useful? (Can you see the little puffs of flour on my forehead?) :wink:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back