You've Got Mail........

kundalini

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Testing the waters for a local competition.

Youve-Got-Mail-12web.jpg

Any thoughts to improve befoere deadline?​

Got a good chuckle from it (in a good way). Thoughts? I'd consider removing the scuff marks on the top center: the stuff on the bottom fits, but I keep staring at the scuff marks. Maybe, and I'm not claiming to know lighting, a reflector or something to brighten the face. I do like the shot, BTW.

Straighten. It's leaning left 3 or 4 degrees.

Dude...the concept is killer. I agree about the scuff marks, and the bit more light on your face. Cool stuff tho bro. :thumbup::thumbup:

Got a good chuckle from it (in a good way). Thoughts? I'd consider removing the scuff marks on the top center: the stuff on the bottom fits, but I keep staring at the scuff marks. Maybe, and I'm not claiming to know lighting, a reflector or something to brighten the face. I do like the shot, BTW.
I'll take removing the scruff marks under advisement, but then again, it is what it is. How often to do get to see the inside of a mailbox? I am very curious as to how I can get a reflector inside a mailbox. I agree it might help. I did set the on-board flash to rear synch.

BTW, I tried the D300 first and it was too big. This shot was with a D80 and 12-24mm at ~12mm.

Straighten. It's leaning left 3 or 4 degrees.
After I posted this image, i tilted 2.5° and it did help. thanks.

I'm still torn if I use a walk up as oppossed to a drive up. I will work on getting Monty to play along better, but any opinions?

Youve-Got-Mail-1-Web.jpg

Thanks for looking and commenting.​

Last edited:
I like this shot better. :thumbup::thumbup:

:thumbup:

I like the drive up version better.

The straightening helps a lot too.

What are the guidelines for the contest?

... How often to do get to see the inside of a mailbox? I am very curious as to how I can get a reflector inside a mailbox. I agree it might help. ...
Not often at all. In fact, this is the first for me, and that's one reason why I like the shot. As I mentioned, I don't claim to know about lighting, but perhaps you could play with something like wrapping tin-foil around the outside?? Might be too harsh of fill light but it's cheap to try. That's all I can think of at the moment....

Thanks all for your input. I'll have another go soon and incorporate your comments. I'm thinking to set a SB-800 sitting just behind the camera to give a bit more light forward. Thanks again.

Most reactions

Back