Z Mount Ultra wide

Nwcid

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.jbnokesphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I currently use 2 - Z7ii bodies and most of my glass is F-mount.

I rarely use my ultra wide lens, but when I do, I seem to use it a lot. I hate to ask this question, because I know I will not be giving enough details for good answer.

What do I do?

I currently use a Tokina 11-16 DX lens that I have had for many years now and overall been happy with it. I know one of the questions is, "what is my current lens not doing". The answer is I am not sure. Overall I am happy but I feel the image quality could be a bit better. It worked great on my D7100, but the IQ of the Z7 is way better.

My next challenge is that, while I would love the Nikon 14-24 Z mount I am not sure the $2500 is worth it for my use. Yes, I can afford one, just not sure I can justly it based on the use.

Is there something out there that is significantly better than the Tokina DX lens that is in the $1000 range?

Many go with the 14-24mm f/4 version for IQ but light weight at a better price.

Thank you for the replies.

I may just save up my pennies and go for the 2.8 version. We have a family trip planned to Italy next summer. I will get a lot of use out of this lens while we are there.

Thank you for the replies.

I may just save up my pennies and go for the 2.8 version. We have a family trip planned to Italy next summer. I will get a lot of use out of this lens while we are there.
You may want to rethink taking expensive gear to Italy. I've spent a fair amount of time in Europe, especially Rome. Street crime against tourists that look like they have expensive gear is an Italian National Pastime. One group of kids will distract you while another takes your gear. Hotel theft is a problem as well. You may want to do a little more research on the topic before making your purchase.

This is what I use. Under $300 at KEH. Sharp as a tack on my Z5
aSNdfaOh.jpg

Many go with the 14-24mm f/4 version for IQ but light weight at a better price.
You do mean the 14-30 f4 right? As there is no 14-24 in an f4 version.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back