Zeiss lenses

Roger that ! Thanks. I think they are held in high regard and would consider one if they were AF for my Nikon.

i could only afford the 1960's/70's knock offs from Jena. however, according to Mr Rockwell:

"Zeiss and Nikon lenses are equally good optically. Zeiss makes fantastic lenses, and so does Nikon. Zeiss makes no junk. Every Zeiss lens is excellent. Nikon makes a broader range and some lenses have only been so-so. When comparing similar lenses from each they will be quite similar."

Zeiss Lenses for Nikon

i could only afford the 1960's/70's knock offs from Jena. however, according to Mr Rockwell:

"Zeiss and Nikon lenses are equally good optically. Zeiss makes fantastic lenses, and so does Nikon. Zeiss makes no junk. Every Zeiss lens is excellent. Nikon makes a broader range and some lenses have only been so-so. When comparing similar lenses from each they will be quite similar."

Zeiss Lenses for Nikon
Thanks for the link, pretty interesting, I guess I'll stay where I am at in the lens dept. :thumbup:

Recently I have pouring my time into the prime lenses, I shoot an older D-70, cropped sensor, so my 35mm is the dominate lens, and second would be my 20mm. Although I love the Nikon lenses I was just letting the name "ZEISS" run about and thought maybe I could try one and see if they would be all that. I guess I could get a manual lens... but then all my shots would out of focus as well all poorly composed. :lol:

Most reactions

Back