What's new

Zeiss Planar 50mm 1.4 ZF.2

PushingTin

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 23, 2007
Messages
458
Reaction score
17
Location
South Africa
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have always wanted to own a Zeiss lens, so I finally took the plunge and bought one!

Started with the 50 1.4 planar ZF.2 and I must say construction wise its built well. It appears each lens is properly checked before being shipped out as it came with a thorough checklist that the lens had been checked and ticked off by Zeiss.

Its a manual lens so no luxury of autofocus but i liked the idea of that challenge.

I am still very much learning how to use this lens, still appears soft at 1.4 (which concurs with other reviews) but maybe its just me battling to focus of course.

So far very happy, just want to get out and shoot some more!

Here is my photo I took with my first test run:
DSC_0550.jpg


Would be interesting to here from other Zeiss lens users on their opinions on the lens.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom