What's new

Zeta the Cat

ChrisOquist

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 8, 2008
Messages
286
Reaction score
0
Location
Boston, MA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This was one of the first good shots I got after I picked up my Canon 50mm f/1.8 this summer - my girlfriend's cat. He was rolling around on a couch and I snapped a few silly ones before he gave me this pose.. I remember being shocked afterwards by two things: the unyielding sharpness and how dramatically a wide aperture like f/1.8 could transform the image.

Zeta.jpg
 
Great use of limited depth of field in that shot!
The focus point on the eye and nose hs spot on and helps to give the shot a really good focal point - and I love those details in the eye!

Colour are also working really well in this shot
 
Great shot. I love the focus on the near-side eye, and you did a great job using DoF here. I think I would have liked to see the rest of the ear though.
 
The above two comments pretty much sum up my view also...

Nice kitty - wouldn't be as good a shot if you didn't shoot wide open.

daithi
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom