Zilker before Hurricane Ike

lextalionis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.motleypixel.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As hurricane Ike barrels towards the north Texas coast, my only thought was to get to Zilker and take some photos :crazy: Well, for us here in Austin it sounds like flash flooding in some areas and gusts up to 70mph as of current.

Now for people in Galveston and neighboring coastline a mandatory evacuation has been in effect. Kenny, looks like the eye will be going right over College Station. I hope for the best and minimal impact for your place.

Here's are some from Zilker Botanical Gardens, Austin, TX yesterday. All captured with a Canon EOS 30D and Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro, and this DIY Ring-Flash

#1 Can someone ID this butterfly?
2846458129_bf197c548a_b.jpg

#2 Can someone ID this butterfly?
2846457605_ea17b55229_b.jpg

#3 Skipper butterfly.
2847292564_22b69b4e6a_b.jpg

#4 Blue Dasher Dragonfly
2846454821_8ef8c4692b_b.jpg

#5 Tropical Lilypad Bloom
2847290894_0d392bb5f7_b.jpg

-Roy

Stay safe over there, Nice photos

i love those lillies, theyre just always awesome to look at. those colours are amazing together. *thumbs up*

I LOVE THE DRAGONFLY!
One of my life goals I swear, is to take a photo of a dragonfly like that. I find them totally impossible. As soon as I get focused they move... or if I try to get close they move...
The other photos are beautiful too just the dragonfly stands out to me because I have been trying so hard to get a photo of one!

Nice pics:thumbup:

I like the colors in #1 the best.

Good luck with Ike. My mom & stepdad live on Surfside beach in Freeport (due south of Houston & 20 miles west of Galvston). They finished boarding up last night and headed out this morning. Looks like they are about to take it right on the chin. Their house is only 500' inland on Surfside Island, so I think they are going to be lucky to have anything to come back to. Weather Channel is saying 8' to 10' surge, with 16' to 22' waves on top of that. The house sits on some good, heavy stilts, but it's only 18' off the ground.

Most reactions

Back