Zoo Bugs

doenoe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.daanschouwe.nl
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
In the Amsterdam zoo they have a nice bug place, so offcourse i had to go there and take some shots :mrgreen:
Artis359.jpg

Artis360.jpg

Artis361.jpg

Artis362.jpg

Thanks for looking
Greetz Daan

Those little things are really cool to watch. I think they hatched not too long ago, so there were alot of those little buggers in the tank. Was really groovy too see that they allready have big attitudes againt pretty much everyone/thing. And they also were really fast. Saw one grab a fruitfly, just insane how fast that went.

very good but #1 wins it for me

can't believe how productive some people can be ... you post new shots like what, every week? and all nice ones ...

little question about these: how close can you get to the bugs with your camera? if they're in a tank there has to be at least some 20cm between you and the bugs right? so do you crop afterwards or is this how it comes off the camera?
and oh yeah, if there is glass between you and the bug, how do you solve the flash-reflection-in-the-glass problem?

Thanks for the replies :D
can't believe how productive some people can be ... you post new shots like what, every week? and all nice ones ...

little question about these: how close can you get to the bugs with your camera? if they're in a tank there has to be at least some 20cm between you and the bugs right? so do you crop afterwards or is this how it comes off the camera?
and oh yeah, if there is glass between you and the bug, how do you solve the flash-reflection-in-the-glass problem?
Here is an unedited shot (except for the resize)
Artis373.jpg

So, as you can see its cropped and with the smaller bugs i have to crop even more. Sometimes im left with a image of just over 1000 pixels on the longest side (original is 3456 pixels)
With the bugs in tanks i still use the Speedlite 430EX, but with the normal difuser and the flash head is in an angle of 45 degrees. I try to keep the lens really close to the glass as straight as possible. So when a bug is next to the glass on the other side, there can be just 2 cm between my lens and the bug. I cant focus when its that close, so i have to wait till its moves away from the glass alittle or find another bug in that tank. Also, if there is a slight reflection of the flash in your image, you can take it out with PS.
And about uploading alot of pics.........i have to much free time on my hands :mrgreen:
Hope this helps a bit

Most reactions

Back